Why aren't you using D at work?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 31 02:44:26 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 31 May 2015 at 09:24:29 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I've been trying to write a plugin for TextMate in Swift.
> TextMate is written in C++ with the GUI code in Objective-C.
> It's quite difficult and currently it's probably 50%
> Objective-C++ code and 50% Swift. Not taking in to account the
> C++ declarations for the TextMate code I need to interface with.

Interesting, I haven't tried to interface with C++ from Swift
yet. Sounds like you have gained some insights that could be
valuable for Swift/D integration.

> That Swift doesn't support exceptions is annoying too, make it
> even more difficult.

Yes, if your C++ code base/libraries throws, that could be a
problem.
But it should be ok if you write your own engine that don't use
exceptions?