Why aren't you using D at work?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 31 23:52:02 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-01 01:04, Danni Coy via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> Wouldn't this mean basically pulling all of Tango into my project and
> then having two copies of practically everything?

Not exactly sure what you mean. The linker will only pull in the symbols
you're actually using. A module in Tango, compared with Phobos, doesn't
depend on the rest of the library. There are less inter-dependencies in
the library.

I just had a quick look. The DOM parser depends only on the pull parser.
The pull parser depends on two functions and one exception. Should be
trivial to replace those with the corresponding functions in Phobos if
you only want to extract the XML parsing.

> That might be a practical solution but you can see why that doesn't feel like a good
> solution and still gives friction.

I kind of understand that, but on the other hand, if it gets the job
done what's the problem.

--
/Jacob Carlborg