I have this game engine...

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 1 01:06:14 PDT 2015

On 1 November 2015 at 17:43, Nerve via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 November 2015 at 07:30:57 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>
>> I actually wrote that exact thing at Remedy (for Quantum Break) which
>> runtime compiles D code, and hot-swaps the new code into the live data... if
>> only I could liberate the source >_<
>

> Wow, I had no idea D was being used for such a massive project, especially
> on a current-gen console. If I might ask before taking the thread too far
> off-topic, what tools did you guys use to maintain productivity and
> organization in such a huge project? (Debuggers, editors, IDEs, etc.)

Visual Studio. I'm not aware of any practical alternatives on any platform >_<
I really, really wish there was competition in the IDE space. We're
all sick to death of MS and Visual Studio, we'd all jump ship in an
instant, but there's just nothing that comes close.