Ready for testing: vibe.d 0.7.26-alpha.3

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 1 11:44:11 PST 2015

On Saturday, 31 October 2015 at 03:07:35 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> On Friday, 30 October 2015 at 21:03:21 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
>> On Friday, 30 October 2015 at 16:16:11 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
>>> I really have to say I fail to see any value in that JS
>>> interface generation feature. The idea is nice, but it needs
>>> adapters to common ajax libraries, instead of homegrown stuff.
>>
>> I'm not really a web developer. Do you have any examples of
>> what you mean?
>
> In frontend development people are likely to use the same
> framework/library they used last time, in order to speed up
> development. Besides know-how, most of that stuff is
> battle-tested.

Keep in mind that javascript frameworks die after ~2 years.

> Instead, what you want to do is generate code that uses one of
> those libraries. Here is an example of how an ajax call looks

Browsers are now providing promises/futures for fetching data:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Fetch_API/Using_Fetch
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Promise