Second CT-Parameter of isRange Predicates

Nordlöw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 3 04:14:53 PST 2015

On Monday, 2 November 2015 at 15:33:54 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> And that's for writing code. With regards to reading, it's been
> pointed out multiple times that beginners will struggle with
> template contraints on function signatures. It'll be the case
> much more often if every function and struct wanting a range of
> Ts is suddenly `if(isInputRange!R && is(ElementType!R == T))`.
>
> Atila

I totally agree with you Atila. The whole point of this addition
is not to find an alternative way of restricting templates for
all you already skilled D developers that comment on this thread
but instead:

*to make D easier to assimilate for beginners*

so we can achieve, according Andrei, our most important goal -
grow by two orders of magnitude...that's why I believe these
things really matter.