Chrome OS folding into Android, Android coming to laptops

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 3 06:28:33 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 3 November 2015 at 11:57:29 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-11-03 10:06, Joakim wrote:
>
>> as Swift is still iOS-only
>
> Swift was available on OS X from day one.

"mobile platforms.  There is no modern language you can use on
all of them, as Swift is still iOS-only"

Since when is OS X a mobile platform? ;)

> When Swift 2.0 was released it was open sourced and made
> available on Linux as well.

That was _announced_ with Swift 2.0, but my google searches show
it has neither been open sourced nor made available for linux yet.

I mentioned Swift as a compliment: note that I didn't mention Go
or Rust, which already have mobile support for iOS and Android.

On Tuesday, 3 November 2015 at 13:40:52 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 November 2015 at 09:06:57 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Android and iOS are gunning for laptops next
>
> Reincarnation of eeePC?

Well, we all know how scared Microsoft got of the much smaller
Asus and other netbook vendors last time, cutting the price of
Windows 7 to fend the netbooks off.  I suspect this time MS will
simply cut and run. :)