Under 1000 opened bugs for Phobos

Jeffery via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 3 11:36:02 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 3 November 2015 at 14:35:08 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> https://goo.gl/r24Izw
>
> Some of them are D1 only; I'll make an executive decision about
> those soon. Some of them have been fixed or obviated by recent
> improvements. And finally the bulk of them need a little work
> each to get them fixed.
>
> I'm thinking this has crowdsourcing written all over it. It
> would be great if many of us made one pass through the list and
> take a look at bugs with an eye for cleaning up the list.
>

> Andrei

It would be nice if there was a very good tutorial that shows
exactly how to contribute to D.

I don't have the time to spend days figuring out how to get it
all to work, etc but I could spend a few mins a day contributing
to bugs and such.

Would it be beneficial for someone to create an official video
and documentation to help get people to contribute easily and
correctly?

e.g., I'm thinking of something like this:

1. Watch video, without too much nonsense, that explains the
process
2. Download the distribution.
3. Apply what was in video(e.g., a simple example of fixing a bug)
4. Contribute FTW.

Anything getting in the way is a downer. I don't want to spend 4
hours trying to figure out why the source won't compile. I've got
better things to do with my time. If I'm reasonably confident
that I can follow a simple and exact procedure that almost surely
would work, then I'm more likely to go down that path.

I think it would benefit D to have such things. But only those
"in the know" can accomplish the task.

(also, these captchas suck!!, every time I post, it says I have
to wait 15 sec to repost: "Your last post was less than 15
seconds ago. Please wait a few seconds before trying again."...
and that's after I answer the captcha correctly, which I then
have to answer again!)