Under 1000 opened bugs for Phobos

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 3 15:06:57 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 3 November 2015 at 19:42:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

> I wrote this: http://wiki.dlang.org/Starting_as_a_Contributor,
> is it what you need it to be? -- Andrei

"Then, github detects the new code and offers assistance to
create a pull request with just a couple of clicks."

The problem is when your own branch is a few weeks/months old.
Then you have to do some upstream/update etc. magic. It happened
to me once or twice. It put me off a bit, although I only fixed
typos and trivial stuff like that.

It's not D, it's git(hub) that makes things complicated. It'd be
good if you could just update your own branch on github (refork
it or whatever) and then clone it onto your own machine. But it's
not that straight forward.

PS Jeffery, the first steps are really easy. It doesn't take long
to have a repo up and running on your own machine.