I have this game engine...

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 3 15:40:42 PST 2015

On 3 November 2015 at 18:36, Joakim via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 November 2015 at 07:30:44 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>>
>> Am Tue, 3 Nov 2015 09:16:47 +1000
>> schrieb Manu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:
>>
>>> I have a samples directory which it would be theoretically possible to
>>> run and see that they don't crash as part of a test run. Also, I'd like to
>>> annotate my whole engine quite comprehensively with unittests. It's
>>> something that I'm keen to work on, and then it further helps to assure
>>> those toolchains remain working.
>>

>> But how exactly would you run these? All CI machines are x86_64. I guess
>> emulators could be a possibility as long as they run headless. We'd need
>> some way to get feedback from the emulator though (test passed/failed). If
>> you're talking about running tests on the x86_64 architecture that should be
>> easy.
>

> There's a Dreamcast emulator for Android/ARM:
>
> https://github.com/reicast/reicast-emulator
>
> You could run it inside the Android emulator on Travis: :)
>
> http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/languages/android/
>
> I'm sure their servers can handle an emulator of a 200 MHz MIPS core with 16
> MB of RAM running inside an ARM emulator. ;)

For the record, I was mostly joking about Dreamcast ;) ... while I did
support it actively some years back, I haven't built that code in a
while. It would be a lot of fun to get it working again though :P
Incidentally, there's a GCC dev that's been committing SIMD
optimisations for the SH4 (Dreamcast) backend recently. He's obviously
having some fun making all the vector intrinsics work with the DC
hardware.
Latest GCC is the best Dreamcast compiler we've ever had!