I have this game engine...

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 5 03:37:50 PST 2015

On 5 November 2015 at 06:31, Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Am Wed, 4 Nov 2015 09:37:46 +1000
> schrieb Manu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:
>
>> On 3 November 2015 at 17:30, Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d
>> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

>> > But how exactly would you run these? All CI machines are x86_64. I
>> > guess emulators could be a possibility as long as they run headless.
>> > We'd need some way to get feedback from the emulator though (test
>> > passed/failed). If you're talking about running tests on the x86_64
>> > architecture that should be easy.
>>
>> Emulators are the typical approach. Even Android + iOS have emulators
>> that can be used for CI.
>> Most emulators have such features required to return runtime errors
>> back to the host environment for this sort of testing.
>
> OK, that should work. I think the main problem is still the resource
> usage when building GCC cross compilers. On Travis-CI we hit the 50
> Minute execution limit, on SemaphoreCI we don't have enough temporary
> disk space. CircleCI seems to work but I'm not sure if the "build
> minutes per month" limit applies to OSS projects.
> (Using prebuilt GDC toolchains to do CI for _fuji_ should work fine).

Travis-CI lets you install things prior to the build, this should work
well assuming they cache these sorts of downloads ;)

> devkitPSP can't be supported as it uses GCC 4.6. The oldest supported GCC
> version for GDC  is 4.8.

Aww! It's one of the platforms I actively support, and works well.
It's also the only MIPS platform, which is a good test bed.
Do you know what's holding it back? Is it possible it may be updated,
or has it just been left to die?

I miss the PS2, but it hasn't been maintained at all :(

> I've also uploaded initial toolchain builds here (untested):
> ftp://ftp.gdcproject.org/binaries/devkitpro/

Awesome, downloading now...

> I still need to integrate devkitPro builds into the download page,
> write some documentation and think about a directory layout which isn't
> confusing when we have multiple devkitpro releases. I'll probably have
> a look at this next weekend.

This is great! Thanks!
Is there instructions anywhere for attempting to build druntime with
these toolchains so I can have a crack at filling in the gaps there?