I have this game engine...

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 5 05:32:47 PST 2015

Am Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:37:50 +1000
schrieb Manu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

> On 5 November 2015 at 06:31, Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> > devkitPSP can't be supported as it uses GCC 4.6. The oldest
> > supported GCC version for GDC  is 4.8.
>
> Aww! It's one of the platforms I actively support, and works well.
> It's also the only MIPS platform, which is a good test bed.
> Do you know what's holding it back? Is it possible it may be updated,
> or has it just been left to die?

The main problem is that these toolchains use some GCC patches. These
need to be ported to newer GCC releases. This is usually the only
problem.

I'm not sure if the PSP toolchain is still supported. It seems like the
sources weren't modified in the last 4 years. All other PSP
buildscripts seem to use the same GCC 4.6 patches, so there's not much
we can do.

You could probably ask for some more information in the devkitPro forum.

> I miss the PS2, but it hasn't been maintained at all :(
>
> > I've also uploaded initial toolchain builds here (untested):
> > ftp://ftp.gdcproject.org/binaries/devkitpro/
>
> Awesome, downloading now...
>
> > I still need to integrate devkitPro builds into the download page,
> > write some documentation and think about a directory layout which
> > isn't confusing when we have multiple devkitpro releases. I'll
> > probably have a look at this next weekend.
>
> This is great! Thanks!
> Is there instructions anywhere for attempting to build druntime with
> these toolchains so I can have a crack at filling in the gaps there?

There's some very basic information here:
http://wiki.dlang.org/GDC/Installation/Generic#Building_only_Druntime.2FPhobos
Only tested on linux though. It should work on windows if you use a
msys2 installation and install the base-devel package.

Note that you need the GCC sources as well (unpatched is OK). These
won't be compiled but the druntime Makefile/configure scripts depend
on some macros from these sources.

It might be clever to use the same druntime and GCC sources that were
used when building these compilers. This means GCC4.8 + gdc-4.8 branch
for devkitPPC and GCC4.9 + gdc-4.9 branch for devkitARM.

(I'm not sure if you have to pass some additional devkitPro specifc
flags to GCC? If think these could be set using the LDFLAGS/DFLAGS
environment variable, but I'm not sure)