I have this game engine...

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 5 12:47:18 PST 2015

Am Fri, 6 Nov 2015 00:25:00 +1000
schrieb Manu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

> On 5 November 2015 at 23:42, Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> > Am Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:59:39 +1000
> >
> > We can always start shipping complete GCC toolchains but I'd like to
> > avoid building GDB and all the devkitARM utils (these have some
> > dependencies such as libusb which make building more difficult). So
> > in that case you'd have to overwrite many more files. Maybe I can
> > make full builds work as well, but this will also increase build
> > times a lot.
>
> Will not building GDB mean that the regular devkitPro GDB has no
> knowledge of D symbol demangling?
> I thought that support was included in GCC proper some time back?

IIRC the D support in GDB is always enabled. So the standard devkitPro
builds should work. The GDB version is more interesting. 7.8 was the
first version with extended D support and we're now at 7.10. devkitARM
uses 7.8, devkitPPC 7.7.

The devkitPro patches for gdb are trivial and only modify the gdb build
scripts. It should be easy to port these patches and compile newer gdb
versions if necessary.

BTW: If you find some GDB with support for the arm-none-eabi and
powerpc-eabi targets these should work as well. The devkitPro GDBs are
unmodified standard GDB builds. Other builds might even provide some
additional features (python scripting, ...)

I can only highly recommend installing ArchLinux ;-)

Then you can simply use this for devkitARM:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/arm-none-eabi-gdb/
And building a powerpc-eabi GDB should be simple as well.