D for TensorFlow-like library

Muktabh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 8 09:47:31 PST 2015

On Sunday, 8 November 2015 at 16:31:44 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Sunday, 8 November 2015 at 13:48:30 UTC, Muktabh wrote:
>> Will it be a good idea to develop an opensource implementation
>> in D than C++, if I try to write it?
>
> I mean, you can if you want to, but it would make more sense to
> just make bindings to library for D. Rewriting everything for a
> language in that language doesn't scale.
>
> Also, in the future, please post questions like this to the
> "Learn" page. Thanks.

Sorry for posting it in the wrong group, I was not aware about
the learn group.

We cannot make D bindings to it because it is a closed source
project by Google and only a spec like mapreduce will be
released, so I thought maybe I might try and come up with an open
source implementation. I was just curious if D would be a good
choice language for a library like this instead of C++ which is
used by Google.