embedded ARM support

Timo Sintonen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 9 02:14:16 PST 2015

On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 08:49:57 UTC, Andrey wrote:
> On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 08:35:01 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>> https://github.com/JinShil/D_Runtime_ARM_Cortex-M_study like
>> this?
>
> Yes. But I mean the real supported library, with header files,
> registers declarations and so on... That is realy low
> instructions. It is good for experiments and self-affirmation,
> but not usefull for daily work. It't not realy cool to declare
> manualy all needed registers adresses and manualy manage
> adresses for linker

https://bitbucket.org/timosi/minlibd
contains a modified runtime library and a toolset with a working
example.
It supports many D language features like object creation.

There are some register definitions but it is far from complete.
Suggestions and contributions are welcome.

One thing why the project is going so slowly is the issue with
accessing peripheral registers. The official D does not want to
support register access directly, but only with library
functions. In gdc it is possible with shared variables but this
feature is unstable.

There are some Cortex-m users hanging here but so far any big
project has not been made.