Scientific computing in D

Márcio Martins via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 9 11:31:12 PST 2015

I have been running some MCMC simulations in Python and it's hard
to cope with how unbelievably slow it is.
Takes me almost a minute to run a few hundred thousand samples on
my laptop whereas I can run the same simulation with a million
samples in under 100ms, on my phone with JavaScript on a browser.

Then, you spend a minute waiting for the simulation to finish, to
find out you had an error in your report code that would have
been easily caught with static typing. So annoying...

Is anyone doing similar stuff with D? Unfortunately, I couldn't
find any plotting libraries nor MATLAB-like numerical/stats libs
in dub.

This seems like another area where D could easily pick up
momentum with RDMD and perhaps an integration with Jupyter which
is becoming very very popular.