embedded ARM support

Timo Sintonen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 9 13:14:41 PST 2015

On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 20:24:05 UTC, Taylor Hillegeist
wrote:
> On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 20:09:05 UTC, Timo Sintonen wrote:
>> On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 19:00:32 UTC, Taylor Hillegeist
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe I am wrong, But I believe that the low level community
>>> is awaiting the release of GDC/LDC compatible with 2.067 DMD
>>> front end. This will allow for volatile store/load. and
>>> hopefully begin a new era of D micro programming. I'm sure
>>> this isn't the whole story. but i get the feeling it is a
>>> major part of the minimal micro-controller involvement.
>>
>> Yes, that is the problem but the solution is not acceptable.
>> We discussed about alternative solutions in gdc forum last
>> year. Possibilities are to make something gdc specific or to
>> use a custom data type. It was seen good to build this feature
>> somehow into gdc but on the other hand there is a need to keep
>> gdc as close to dmd as possible.
>
> In what way is the solution unacceptable?
>
> Solution is not easy to use.
> Solution is does not solve problem.
> Solution is not easy/possible to implement.
> Can not be implemented in a uniform way.
>
> Just curious? perhaps a link to the discussion would be good
> enough. thanks.

It is not easy to use.
This is just my personal opinion.

There were 3 debates in general forum and some discussions in gdc
forum. (this is mostly gdc specific anyway) I have no interest to
start a new debate or dig the archive for old things. If you want
to search, I think something may be found around september last
year.