Rust's simple download script

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 9 15:25:14 PST 2015

On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 23:19:18 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> It doesn't have to be run as root, as it can just download and
> unpack a portable installation (essentially what we have in the
> zip files).

when I suggested this to my newbie friend, she found the PATH
problem to be a hassle so I did wrapper scripts.

What we could do though is download it locally then give them a
"D shell" script to set the PATH up. (Or run it automatically in
.bashrc or something, but I kinda prefer making it a local script
they can run without changing any shared files)