embedded ARM support

Mike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 9 17:01:12 PST 2015

On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 08:49:57 UTC, Andrey wrote:
> On Monday, 9 November 2015 at 08:35:01 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>> https://github.com/JinShil/D_Runtime_ARM_Cortex-M_study like
>> this?
>
> Yes. But I mean the real supported library, with header files,
> registers declarations and so on... That is realy low
> instructions. It is good for experiments and self-affirmation,
> but not usefull for daily work. It't not realy cool to declare
> manualy all needed registers adresses and manualy manage
> adresses for linker

If I understand what you are after, I think the best way to use D
in the way you describe is to compile your board's BSP code in C
and then link to it from D (http://dlang.org/interfaceToC.html)

You'll still need to implement your own minimal D runtime to get
things to compile, though, and many of the D language features
will give you linker errors or runtime errors if used and not
implemented in your runtime. The links others have already
provided in this thread should give you what you need to get
started, if you haven't already lost interest.

Bottom line:  it's possible, but not pretty.

Mike