Is dlangui dead?

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 10 22:56:05 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 06:25:35 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 06:19:05 UTC, Vadim Lopatin
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 5 November 2015 at 08:25:52 UTC, FreeSlave wrote:

>>> That's good news!
>>

>> I'm working on native OSX backend for DlangUI - to avoid SDL
>> usage.
>>
>> Could someone point at sample D apps which can create window,
>> draw, process mouse/keyboard event using Cocoa from D code?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>      Vadim
>
> To be honestly, I'd prefer native toolkit and for Windows too.
> OpenGL look ugly.
I'm not going to use native controls, only native way to create
window, draw bitmap on it (or draw using OpenGL).
Look and feel may be changed by correction of theme and resource
files.

> Maybe you should talk with Rikki
> https://github.com/rikkimax/alphaPhobos ? He are working on
> parts related with GUI stuff.
I don't see native OSX window implementation here.
Implementation of OSX API accessors may be shared between
different projects, and put to separate library in DUB registry.

> Also there was good, but now dead attempted with GUI here
> https://github.com/D-Quick/DQuick
It looks like DQuick uses SDL, as DlangUI does currently.
I'm looking for native Cocoa based implementation.