Rust's simple download script

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 11 01:57:25 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 09:48:14 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:

> The issue is that they (the core developers) don't want Tango
> in any of the core tools and I don't feel like replacing Tango
> with Phobos for something that is working perfectly fine as it
> is. It's even working better, because it doesn't depend on
> libcurl which has caused a lot of problems. It's not even
> available by default on Windows.
>
> On the other hand. I would like to rewrite DVM from scratch and
> add support for LDC and GDC as well. That could be an
> opportunity to remove that dependency on Tango, as long as no
> new dependencies are added, like libcurl.

I see, but if you're going to rewrite DVM anyway, we might as
well start brainstorming now and see what needs to be done, how a
possible toolchain integration could / should like and so on. Are
there any additional features you or anyone else would like?