Our template emission strategy is broken

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 11 06:57:43 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 14:50:27 UTC, Johannes Pfau
wrote:
> Anyway, I meant working _separate_ compilation is important,
> incremental compilations is much less important for me. GDC
> doesn't even support multiobj style compilation.

The particular issue I mentioned in the original post (that will
hit GDC as well, by the way, if/as soon as you are using
TemplateInstance::needsCodegen in your glue layer) has nothing to
do with "multiobj" compilation.

> BTW: shouldn't incremental compilation with one single output
> object have exactly the same result as compiling into one
> static library?

Yes, and both are broken.

  — David