[Poll] On Linux, what should we commonly use as sub-directory name for D?

Chris Piker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 11 09:24:18 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 12 November 2013 at 19:50:32 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> I've seen people use both 'd' and 'dlang' now, so I created a
> poll. Everyone assembling Linux packages is then free use the
> results to create a similar experience on all distributions.
>
> http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=52828149e4b06cfb69b97527

Has this issued been settled?  We are using the dmd compiler on
CentOS 6.  I have a custom plplot.d file that I want to put
somewhere under our shared /usr/local for our programmers to use.
  If I want to follow some sort of precedent then it looks like my
choices are:

   /usr/local/include/dmd   (similar to dmd rpm)
   /usr/local/include
   /usr/local/include/d
   /usr/local/include/dlang
   /usr/local/src
   /usr/local/src/d
   /usr/local/src/dlang

I personally prefer:

   /usr/local/src/d

but would like to go with some sort of convention if one is
starting to gel.

Please don't say use dub and leave it up to each individual
developer.  I haven't been able to get dub to work on CentOS 6,
and just getting D in use here is enough of an effort without
introducing package management tools.