Catching C++ exceptions

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 11 10:05:46 PST 2015

On 11/11/2015 12:25 PM, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 16:25:34 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Walter is currently working full time on catching C++ exceptions from
>> D code […]
>
> It would have sure been interesting to know about this, but I couldn't
> find anything to that effect on the mailing lists or on Trello – where
> Martin would certainly wish it could be found.
>
> There are quite a few people around here who very familiar with what is
> required to make that happen (DWARF/libunwind based EH, etc…), and
> although I'm certainly not going to tell Walter how to do his job, it
> seems rather pointless for him to go through the process of
> rediscovering all this again on his own.

That's great. We have a history of initiatives that nobody followed and
endless debates without work getting done; also this particular issue
has been up in the air and spoken about for a good while. So we figured
if Walter doesn't sit down and do it, nobody will.

I'll leave it up to him to reach out to you and/or this forum in this
matter.

Andrei