Our template emission strategy is broken

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 11 15:06:14 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 16:25:34 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> A redesign of template instantiation is necessary, and Walter
> needs to be fully involved in it. However, please give it time.

I'd still opt to first refactor the existing code into something
that's understandable before starting to redesign the whole
topic. Maybe the design is already fine but buried by complex to
understand control flow. Also just redesigning this on a blank
sheet will easily miss important edge cases. And last but not
least if we can't come up with a better design we'd still have a
better codebase.