RFC in Comparison between Rust, D and Go

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 12 02:10:49 PST 2015

On Thursday, 12 November 2015 at 08:30:35 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 at 19:54:16 UTC, Chris wrote:
>>> Nim does everything according to their marketing department.
>>> The engineering department remains to be found.
>>
>> Please elaborate. I'm all ears.
>
> There is not much to be said really. Many doubtful decision
> like compiling to C (Walter made a very clear sum up of why it
> is a terrible idea

It is the most common target for new languages. It limits
language semantics, but it is a proven approach for new
languages. You get a lot for free when making C your first
target. Including asm.js.

I haven't tried Nim yet, as they are in early stages, but it
looks interesting. I also see that they have pure Obj-C ref
counting on the roadmap.