Catching C++ std::exception in D

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 12 09:59:14 PST 2015

Johannes Pfau <nospam at example.com> writes:
> To expand on this: I think we'd prefer one __d_personality_v0 which is
> implemented in upstream druntime and identical for all compilers.

Speacking of upstream support.  GDC support SjLj exceptions.  In 2.067,
it became obvious that Fiber needed separate SjLj context stacks which
are normally thread specific.  I have a change in my iOS LDC fork which
I suppose could go to upstream thread.d file so GDC can pick it up to.

https://github.com/smolt/druntime/commit/5d32e9e68cc6bd8b13cacfdb18a4d91374bf6b3e

See, I even included GNU_SjLj_Exceptions :-)

Sound like a good idea?  It is getting queued up soon as a PR to LDC
once we get an iOS version officially in the compiler frontend.
--
Dan