Our template emission strategy is broken

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 12 15:11:58 PST 2015

On Thursday, 12 November 2015 at 22:50:08 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> I hadn't anticipated that code would inevitably be constructed
> so that every module imports every other module.

One day, I was cleaning my house and found all kinds of the cat's
stuff under the couch. I wondered: why does the cat love shoving
her stuff down there?

Then I realized the answer: she randomly bats it around the whole
floor. If it lands out in the open, she knocks it somewhere else.
When it randomly ends up under the couch though, she can no
longer reach it, so that is where it stays. Eventually,
everything will accumulate there.

I guess this is just a long winded way of saying that if
something is even a little useful and possible, it will end up
being used until it reaches some point where we can't change it
anymore...