Reviewing syntax highlight support in cgdb

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 14 07:07:03 PST 2015

On Saturday, 14 November 2015 at 11:39:12 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
> On Saturday, 14 November 2015 at 10:44:53 UTC, Iain Buclaw
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently making changes to cgdb, and would like to have
>> someone give a quick view over the lexer rules.
>>
>> https://github.com/cgdb/cgdb/blob/master/lib/tokenizer/dlexer.l
>>
>> Having a skim over myself, I see @nogc needs adding, and
>> probably c_long, cpp_long and other ABI compatibility types
>> that the compiler recognises.
>>
>> Anything else missing? Could be any feature, not just keywords.
>>
>> Iain.
>
> I'm guessing the best way to test this would be to check out
> and build your fork?

The downloading the latest release should be enough, you should
have it available on whatever flavour of Linux you prefer.
Shouldn't need to checkout the fork unless you want to help out
with testing or want to build a testsuite for support.

I haven't began to make any changes yet.  And actually am looking
at how much work it would be to switch the backend driver over
from the old annotate interface to gdb/mi.