Persistent list

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 14 08:27:15 PST 2015

I don't think immutable should be something casual and widespread
in most designs at all. It is a very restrictive qualifier with
an extremely narrow use case, trying to retro-fit it to be easy
to use and compose tends to do more harm than actually going with
mutable instead.

All trouble comes from trying to use physical immutable as
logical one while still pretending it gives physical guarantees.
Even if existing immutability is not widely applicable, I'd
prefer to have narrow applicability over wide false confidence.
Right now I know for sure that if I can use immutable data
without any thread locking and it is not possible to screw it up.
It is rarely important, but when it is, it is priceless.