Persistent list

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 15 11:09:15 PST 2015

[snip]

Thanks all for the feedback. I've uploaded an updated version to
http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/52a3013efe34. It doesn't use "inout", but doesn't
duplicate code either; instead, it relies on private internal functions
to do the deed.

While revising feedback I realized I'd missed Steve's version that works
with inout: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/3fbc786a50c1. It works and the
inout-related parts don't look difficult; the only thing is making sure
the right incantations are in place, and that's the difficult part.

So one important question is what style we use for Phobos and endorse as
idiomatic. My sense after working on this for a while is - forget inout.
Qualifiers are rather complex, and of them inout is the most. So I'd
rather marginalize it. Please chime in with any thoughts.

Andrei