Persistent list

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Nov 15 12:11:00 PST 2015

On Sunday, 15 November 2015 at 19:51:09 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Just to clarify - is that referring to the part "We need to
> change that if we want things like composable containers that
> work with const." or to the "I think it's a good thing to want"
> part? -- Andrei

Second part. I don't see a case for const containers at all.
Fully immutable functional style ones - sure, I have actually
experimented implementing cache this way in
https://github.com/Dicebot/mood/blob/master/source/mood/storage/generic_cache.d (thing that powers blog.dicebot.lv). But what would you use const containers for? Mixing mutable and immutable elements in one container? That sounds like a source of much trouble.