Implement the "unum" representation in D ?

Lionello Lunesu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 17 01:51:41 PST 2015

On 17/11/15 07:52, Nick_B wrote:
> On Sunday, 15 November 2015 at 04:19:21 UTC, Lionello Lunesu wrote:
>> On 09/11/15 04:38, Richard Davies wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I got curious too. I spend some time on it yesterday and had a
>> stab at writing it in D.
>
> Hi. I send a email to John Gustafson yesterday, re this thread.
>
> He replied as follows:
>
> "There are efforts underway worldwide to support unums in C, Python,
> Julia, Java, and now D. And the book has only been out for nine months!"
>
> Nick

Ha, and I think we can do a better job than the others! Surely in terms
of performance!

Funny, I was indeed looking at the Julia and Python (and John's
Matematica code) to learn how some of the operations on Unums work.

Still a lot to do though. I've basically only declared the type, still
needs all the calculations.

L.