Persistent list

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 17 06:40:11 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 17 November 2015 at 09:47:24 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> On Monday, 16 November 2015 at 16:58:24 UTC, Lionello Lunesu
>> If it's RC we want, then @mutable is an axe when what we need
>> is a scalpel.
>
> It has additional uses, though, e.g. memoizing and  lazy
> initialization of members.

Hiding memoization behind fake const is one of more unpleasant
C++ multi-threading abominations I have encountered during my C++
says. Resulting races are so subtle (because only happen once)
and so inevitable (because it is subconsciously reasoned about as
physical const) that debugging them becomes real pain.

This thread is really scary because of that. It is pretty much
saying that D attempt to rethink multi-threading data model that
caused trouble in C++ has failed completely and we back to square
one. Even if it isn't technical disaster, it is marketing one for
sure.