DConf keynote speaker ideas

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 17 20:36:44 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 17 November 2015 at 18:47:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I'm thinking of inviting a notable industry luminary to deliver
> a conference keynote. Please reply to this with ideas! -- Andrei

Eric Niebler, I thought he did a good job with his C++ Ranges
translation of Teoh's calendar example.  Perhaps he has other
thoughts on D.

Joe Duffy, he recently wrote a blog post on how the Midori
research project at Microsoft explored some similar terrain as D:

http://joeduffyblog.com/2015/11/03/a-tale-of-three-safeties/

Maybe one of the key Rust architects, as the outside keynote
speakers so far have been C++ people, but the real competition
for D right now appears to be Rust, at least in popular
perception.