Formal Review of std.range.ndslice

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 18 10:40:38 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 18 November 2015 at 08:52:11 UTC, Robert burner
Schadek wrote:
> I couldn't easily find how to make the module work with
> allocators. IMO combining this module with
> std.experiemtal.allocator should be possible. And if it is
> already possible, there should be tests for documentation and
> validation.

I know it's bad practice for regular Phobos code to import from
std.experimental, but what's the protocol for code inside
std.experimental importing other code in std.experimental? It
would be nice to get Andrei's opinion on this.

Another problem with using std.experimental.allocator is it ties
the time table of this going into stable with std.allocator.
Worse case scenario, it could be a year before std.allocator is
stable, where as std.range.ndslice is much simpler code and could
be moved much faster.