Scott Meyers wants to bring default zero-initialization to C++, mentions TDPL for precedent

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 18 11:09:46 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 18 November 2015 at 18:52:02 UTC, Jack Stouffer
wrote:
> For those of you who have never had the pleasure of writing
> PHP, lots of PHP code does completely different things
> depending on the compiler switches when the interpreter was

Php is a dynamic language, that's different.

> When looking at code, it should be obvious what it does without
> consulting outside factors.

I don't think this is a problem, it probably will be better
overall. When C++ adds modules they have a golden opportunity to
clean up the language for those compilation units that use it.

But they probably won't. Which is good for languages like Rust
and D.