DConf keynote speaker ideas

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 19 02:28:04 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 17 November 2015 at 18:47:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I'm thinking of inviting a notable industry luminary to deliver
> a conference keynote. Please reply to this with ideas! -- Andrei

John Carmack or Niklaus Wirth would be my favorites so far,
although I'd consider the chances low.

Tim Sweeney (Unreal Engine). Obviously he works with C++, but has
given talks about Haskell for example.

Cliff Click about Garbage Collection would be awesome as well.

 From Rust, there would be the initial creator Graydon Hoare, who
is not really involved anymore, though. Maybe Steve Klabnik about
community management and documentation? He does a really good job
for Rust.

Getting Rich Hickeys opinion on D would be interesting.

Someone who knows a lot about C++ on iOS/Android?