Here's looking at you, kid

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 20 00:00:09 PST 2015

On Friday, 20 November 2015 at 05:59:14 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Friday, 20 November 2015 at 05:00:16 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
>> On Friday, 20 November 2015 at 01:56:41 UTC, Jack Stouffer
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ali's book is to blame really for the lack of D tutorials,
>>> it's just so good that no one else bothers ;)
>>
>> Wouldn't that suggest doing a better job pointing beginners to
>> it?
>
> The second link on the "Getting Started" page on dlang.org is
> to the book http://dlang.org/getstarted.html.

That page says that Ali's book is an "extensive tutorial" that's
"a great starting point for absolute beginners."  Presumably
that's what pissed Warwick off, I guess he wants something more
aimed at intermediate to advanced programmers.  That would be
TDPL, which is excellent and not free.  Perhaps TDPL should be
mentioned on that page too, along with how it's different.