IRC dead?

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 20 00:42:28 PST 2015

On 19 November 2015 at 15:55, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 18 November 2015 at 23:24:14 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
>
>> #ubuntu, for comparison, is so outrageously active that you can log in
>> and see a new message every few seconds.
>>

> Wow. That seems like it would be too active to even be useful.
>

>From the time I was around being a community member, I found a lot of the
general flow of discussion to be a question followed by a link to a wiki,
askubuntu, the forum, a manpage.  If you had a problem, you'd never get a
concrete answer.  Anything too technical was deemed not fit for discussion
and you were directed towards the forums or some other channel.

Iain