Scott Meyers wants to bring default zero-initialization to C++, mentions TDPL for precedent

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 20 08:48:06 PST 2015

On Friday, 20 November 2015 at 16:38:02 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:12:41 +0000, Chris wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, 18 November 2015 at 19:09:48 UTC, Ola Fosheim
>> Grøstad wrote:
>>>
>>> Php is a dynamic language, that's different.
>>
>> Would you guys please stop calling PHP a language. JS and PHP
>> are not languages, they are a fiddly feckin mess, which
>> accounts for their high adoption rate. Sigh. Please, no
>> gainsaying now, no "Yes, buts".
>
> I'd rather limit the number of posts on this forum that contain
> contempt or dismissiveness. It's unfriendly and doesn't help
> anything.

Now, now, no need to feel offended. Bashing programming languages
is part of programming. Never read any of those "Why
[Python|PHP|JS|C++...] sucks" articles on the internet? I've had
the misfortune of having to work with PHP and JS, and no shaming
me will ever convince me that they are serious languages. Anyway,
D is being bashed here all the time, haven't you noticed ;)