Scott Meyers wants to bring default zero-initialization to C++, mentions TDPL for precedent

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Nov 20 16:13:55 PST 2015

On 11/20/2015 09:06 PM, Chris Wright wrote:

> When people complain about others being offended, it's usually to
> distract from the issue at hand.

When people complain about others being offended, I think it is usually
because being offended can be a way to artificially add weight to the
issue at hand, and they feel treated unfairly. Sometimes, they have
gotten offended themselves.

It is always possible to inflate the issue at hand by generalizing and
extending it until it can be put in the same category with only slightly
related, but much worse issues.

> So let me say it straight: it doesn't
> matter whether I'm offended. It only matters what effect your words have
> on people.

People should assume responsibility for their own actions and reactions.