Scott Meyers wants to bring default zero-initialization to C++, mentions TDPL for precedent

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 21 13:51:43 PST 2015

On Saturday, 21 November 2015 at 17:31:15 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
> Collating a large number of examples like this would give us a
> good overall estimate of each platform's scaling properties.

In order to scale easily you need to use NOSQL databases, but you
can use any language.

IIRC youtube started out with Python and MySQL.

http://highscalability.com/blog/2012/3/26/7-years-of-youtube-scalability-lessons-in-30-minutes.html

The code structure of Phpbb is so-so and does not really afford
scaling.  I ported it to App Engine and it took more effort than
I expected. Phpbb also used/used unsafe features that have been
removed from Php on App Engine.

But the Phpbb source sure is a lot better than WordPress, which I
ditched after looking over the core codebase. It is beyond me why
any professional programmers are willing use it. Scaling? Scaling
up a PoS, just makes it a bigger PoS.