DConf keynote speaker ideas

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Nov 21 23:28:06 PST 2015

On 11/21/2015 6:32 PM, Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
> On Saturday, 21 November 2015 at 22:21:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 11/17/2015 10:48 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> I'm thinking of inviting a notable industry luminary to deliver a conference
>>> keynote. Please reply to this with ideas! -- Andrei
>>
>> Maybe someone from JPL who can talk about software on space probes.
>
> Sounds like someone just watched The Martian.

No, I'm waiting for it to appear on dvd.

It comes from 20 years ago I attended a seminar given by the lead on the Voyager
project, and his discussion on how they developed the software and fixed bugs in
it and drastically improved it while it was traveling was fascinating. For
example, they figured out how to boost the resolution of the cameras with a
software improvement.