Here's looking at you, kid

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Nov 23 12:21:37 PST 2015

>>> I'm not always politically correct
>>
>> Most of the time, "politically correct" means being respectful to
>> others, except the speaker intends to indicate that that is a bad
>> thing.
>
> Political correctness tries to censor the free expression of thoughts
> and has nothing to do with being respectful or not. Being politically
> correct means to censor one's own thoughts out of fear of being told
> off.

This is your line of objection when I asked you to be respectful toward
people who might want to learn D.

Normal people are polite and respectful out of common human decency. Does
this sometimes mean not uttering everything that passes through your
head? Of course. But the motivation comes from wanting to work well with
others and even from caring about other people. Not fear of being told
off.

Does this not work for you?