Is facebook moving away from D?

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 24 10:14:25 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 24 November 2015 at 10:05:36 UTC, Bruce Adams wrote:
> What do you guys think?

As mentioned I work at Facebook, so I can give you some update on
this, without going into to much details.

These projects are still used at Facebook. Facebook tend to be a
all or nothing shop, and that's why you see no activity on these
projects.

Facebook is not a D shop. Facebook is using D, but as other
mentioned, D has no privileged position in the company. It has
the same position as other "alternative" languages (meaning not
C++ or Hack) like Haskell.