Swift is coming, Swift is coming

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Nov 24 13:20:38 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 24 November 2015 at 17:59:35 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Will be interesting to see how Swift does

Considering it won't be available for Windows, I'd guess not very
well and it will remain a niche language until it does. There's a
reason D shot up in popularity after it started to support
windows more thoroughly.

Sure you can say that since it will be open source, people can
create Windows versions. But without Apple merging changes
upstream (which they have never said they would do) I really
don't see those efforts lasting long before people realize the
effort involved probably isn't worth it.