I hate new DUB config format

Idan Arye via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 25 14:14:30 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 25 November 2015 at 19:05:15 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
>> The main problem with SDL is it's name. It's not an overly
>> popular project - it
>> doesn't even have an article in Wikipedia. That alone is not a
>> problem - if we
>> had something against non-mainstream project we wouldn't be
>> using D - the
>> problem with SDL's lack of popularity shares it's initials
>> with "Simple
>> DirectMedia Layer" - a super-popular project with binding for
>> most languages.
>> This makes it very hard to google for Dimple Declarative
>> Languae - because most
>> of the things you'll find are about Simple DirectMedia Layer.
>

> If you google "D programming language SDL" you'll find it.

I just did - and all the first page results were about "Simple
DirectMedia Layer". The second page had two results that have
something to do with "Simple Declarative Language" - but they
weren't landing pages or anything, just source codes that
happened to deal with
DUB(https://travis-ci.org/D-Programming-Language/dub-registry and
https://coveralls.io/files/917374709).

Google search results are a bit customized, so other people might
get better results, but I still believe SDL is extremely
unsearchable.