I hate new DUB config format

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 25 16:06:05 PST 2015

> So, from the standpoint of whether folks new to dub will have to learn a
> new file format, JSON is clearly better than SDL, though SDL may in fact
> be a better file format for a configuration file if you know both.

That sums it up nicely.

I am sorry for being curt, but I really need to get work done and this
is not getting work done. I could argue my point about SDL vs. JSON and
explain at length what I think; then I could reply to folks who
decompose my own points down to misplaced commas and attempt to do the
same to them; and 300 posts later essentially nothing got done and
everybody wasted a bunch of time.

Folks. Things could go either way, and there's pros and cons to every
engineering decision. But we don't need to make this a debate. It took
me 5 seconds to figure this was a strategy mistake. I clearly see how it
could take someone else 5 seconds to figure this was a strategy win.
They call those judgment calls because there's no clear cut. To the
extent I've accumulated some street cred and karma in our community, I
hope it can be traded for some saying in what the strategy should be. If
that's the case, please let's get it carried. I can't afford to debate
this tooth and nail because it takes me away from things that matter more.

Andrei