I hate new DUB config format

Dragos Carp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 02:28:13 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 10:19:13 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> This is not even an issue. IDEs can create a dub.json for all
> new projects and call 'dub describe' on imported projects
> without ever touching SDLang. Again, *there is no problem here*.

'dub describe' has one big issue. It works only if you manage
your packages in $HOME/.dub. Integrating 'dub describe' in
another build tool with a different directory layout is currently
impossible.

Parsing the dub.json files directly from the external build tool
('rake' in my case) was doable and reasonably easy, with dub.sdl
not anymore.