Feature Request: Hashed Based Assertion

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Nov 26 03:24:35 PST 2015

On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 11:18:19 UTC, Andrea Fontana
wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 11:14:54 UTC, tcak wrote:
>> On Thursday, 26 November 2015 at 11:12:07 UTC, tcak wrote:
>>> I brought this topic in "Learn" a while ago, but I want to
>>> talk about it again.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> One applicable solution: __traits( hashOf,
>> apiFunctionName/structName/variableName/className )
>
> Can't you calculate hash of involved files at compile time?

One file can consist of many API functions. If there are 50
functions in it, and only 1 of them has been modified, whole hash
will change. Compiler cannot tell which API has been changed
then. Purpose is to decrease the burden on programmer, and put it
onto compiler.